The workshop will take place in the Theatrum Anatomicum of the Faculté de Médecine of the University of Montpellier 1, the oldest faculty of medicine still in existence today (founded 1220). It is located in the historical center of Montpellier, one of the biggest cities on the French Mediterranean coast.
Address: 2 Rue de l'École de Médecine, 34060 Montpellier cedex, France.
See the map below for the precise location. For information on travel in Montpellier and for links to hotels, see further below.
View Larger Map
How To Get There
Montpellier has an international airport,
de Montpellier Méditerranée (MPL).
It is connected to the city by public bus (line 120 runs approximately hourly
to Place de l'Europe, from which the city center is reached by tram; the bus
journey takes about 15 minutes).
Regular direct flight connections exist e.g. from Paris (CDG), Rome (FCO), or London (LGW).
Montpellier is connected to the French high-speed train (TGV) network. Direct trains run e.g. to Paris (3.5 hours), Aeroport Paris-CDG (4 hours), Bruxelles in Belgium, Barcelona in Spain (3 hours) and once daily to Madrid (6 hours). The website bahn.de offers a comprehensive search for directions throughout Europe.
The conference location is next to the Cathedral Saint-Pierre in downtown Montpellier. It is a 20-minute walk from the main train station. From Place de l'Europe, it is a short ride on tram lines nº1 or nº4 to the tramway stop Place Albert 1er.
Public Transport in Montpellier
Public transport (bus, tram, metro) is organized by TAM Voyages; they have a route planner on their (French) webpage.
Please arrange accomodation on your own. In general, you can search hotels on
The following is a non-exhaustive list of nearby hotels. We are not affiliated with any of these.
- Mercure Montpellier Centre in the very heart of town, a few steps away from the famous Place de la Comedie and the Musée Fabre.
- Grand Hôtel du Midi, a charming hotel on the famous Place de la Comedie, in front of the Opera house and 5 minutes' walk from the train station.
- Ibis Montpellier Center close to the Polygone shopping center and the Opera house (10 minutes).
- Citadines Antigone Montpellier Apart'hotel in the heart of Antigone, the urban district renovated by renowned architect Ricardo Bofill; located opposite the town hall and near the Polygone shopping center.
- Hotel du Palais, very close to the conference location.